Science IT: ScienceCluster base
The ScienceCluster base course is designed to introduce new users to Science IT's cluster computing service.
This course will cover the basics of logging in to the cluster, managing your files across the various storage areas, submitting jobs with parallelized components, accessing outputted results, and much more. This course benefits both researchers as well as IT coordinators that support researchers.
Make sure to have your laptop computer ready and meet the course requirements described below.
To find out more about the ScienceCluster, please see here.
Materials that can be used during the course and beyond can be found here.
- What is the ScienceCluster?
- Logging in
- Running and monitoring jobs
- Slurm workload manager
- Software modules
- Transferring and sharing data
- Setting up python virtual environments
- Strengths and limitations
- Open discussion (and time to discuss your intended use cases)
Login access to the ScienceCluster should be obtained prior to the course. Contact the Science IT for help.
- In-person course: Bring your own laptop computer to the course.
- Online course: If not directly connected to the UZH-internal network, you will need a VPN connection to UZH in order to access the ScienceCluster. You can find more information on the UZH VPN here.
Contact the Science IT if you have an older version.